- Character Questionnaire: Player’s should fill out the Character Questionnaire (download link) and send the filled out sheet to the DM.
- Ability Score Generation: 32 pt. buy
- Hit Points: HP at first level is maxed x 2. At every level thereafter it is rolled, re-rolling if under half.
- Feats: are at: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 18th, 20th, 21st etc.
- Ability increases: are at 4, 8, 11, 14, 18, 21 etc.
- Ability increases: give 2 points to spend; these points can’t be spent on the same ability (at levels 11, 21 etc. all 6 abilities are increased by 1)
- Traits: players start with one Profession Trait, and one Birth Trait, you may also choose two other Traits of your choice.
- Races: races are limited to those listed on the Race wiki, there are no custom races allowed without a good reason for the race existing in the world.
- Flaws and Drawbacks: player’s may take a Flaw in exchange for a Feat (Max 1), and/or a Drawback in exchange for a Trait (max 2).
- Birthsign: player’s start with a Birthsign. (See GM for your birth-sign)
- Luck: Player’s start with a luck score. (See GM for your score).
- Skills and proficiency: we’re using the following changes of the skill system and proficiency.
- Region: player’s must choose a starting region. (this has various trait-like benefits, grants a regional language, and shows which pantheon is native to the region.
- Honor: Player’s must choose one honor path as their code of honor. Your starting honor is listed under the Honor rules. You can make your own honor code if you so desire (see DM).
- Starting Gold: Player’s starting gold is based off of several different factors.
- The first is the baseline gold given at 1st level of your Class, either taking the average, or having the DM roll for your gold. At higher levels you’d take the half of what’s listed on the Equipment Guide for your level.
- This is then modified by the percentage increase/decrease given by your Birth and Profession traits. The percent adjustment given from your traits are combined, and then you adjust your starting gold; example a Noble Adventurer would have a 75% increase to their starting gold.
- Introduction Questionnaire: Players should figure out how they arrived in the village of Keflavik (examples: born in the village, a traveling adventurer, invited to Keflavik’s mead hall if you are of gentry or greater, etc.) and how they know each-other.
Other Character Creation Rules
- Your Race is somewhat restricted to the Frostfellian region, this is due to the inability to travel here for most regions. As always a good enough reason can ignore this restriction.
Most all of the races are updated in some way from base pathfinder, so I suggest looking through the wiki, rather than the pfsrd.
- Most all of the classes are updated in some way from base pathfinder, so I suggest looking through the media library? for their PDFs, rather than the pfsrd.
- A lot of things, including character class, and equipment will be restricted by the Culture Level of your Region; the Class CL of Midgard is 3, and the equipment CL of Midgard is 4.
- It is difficult, or even impossible for most regions to interact with Midgard. A good backstory can counteract this issue for most regions that aren’t the Frostfell, but regions hidden by the Mist are locked.
- List of okay regions: Midgard (campaign starting region), Albion, any Frostfell region, Talar.
- The game will be starting in the small Midgardian village of Keflavik.
- We’ll be using the following changes to magic.
- The Perception skill is updated as listed in This PDF
(Note on Homebrew Stuff)
Any approved Homebrew class/feat/spell/etc may be changed mid-game.
Example of LA: LA+1 characters require XP as if they were a level higher to level up (1st-level would be: 0/5000 xp (if using Medium xp)); you can never be reduced in level when buying off LA.
This is the base xp cost to buy off LA, this is doubled if using the Slow Track, or halved if using the Fast Track.
- +1: 3,000xp. | Total of 3,000xp.
- +2: 5,000xp, 3,000xp. | Total of 8,000xp.
- +3: 8,000xp, 5,000xp, 3,000xp | Total of 16,000xp.
- +4: 12,000xp, 8,000xp, 5,000xp, 3,000xp | Total of 28,000xp.
- +5: 17,000xp, 12,000xp, 8,000xp, 5,000xp, 3,000xp | Total of 45,000xp.